Global Affinity Communications Inc. helps local governments, small businesses, not-for-profits and other community groups deliver environmental education in a variety of ways, with a focus on healthy and active lifestyles.
What We Do
We love talking to people about how new environmentally focused programs will directly affect them. Changes to recycling and waste systems, organic collection, water conservation, regional bylaw enforcement and energy efficiency programs can affect residents in a variety of ways. We love fielding their questions and comments, easing their minds about these changes and leave people feeling hopeful that these changes can work for them.
Here are some of the other things we do:
- Public outreach and education for environmental programs (print, social media and community based social marketing, door-to-door)
- Hosting educational workshops and events (ranging from small business groups to community events)
- Facilitation of client’s educational material/presentation (such as regional environmental programs)
- Write articles, blogs and reports about sustainability, travel, tourism and other relevant issues
- Business consulting – focusing on solutions to cut costs and improve environmental performance
- Energy Management – Darrell is a Certified Energy Manager and has worked with thousands of BC businesses to conduct energy assessments and provide solutions to reduce energy consumption and access incentives
- Environmental program development (focused on community-based social marketing)
- Course and curriculum development (research, quizzes, videos, assignments)
Who we’ve worked with
- City of Nanaimo – provide outreach and volunteer coordination to residents during the distribution of the new automated waste collection carts.
- Comox Valley Regional District – coordinate the Wood Stove Exchange Program and provide transit outreach in the Comox Valley.
- Comox Valley Senior Peer Support – Coordinated Senior Ride the Bus Day October 24, 2016.
- Kambo Green Solutions Inc. – provide energy assessments to commercial clients on Vancouver Island.
- GreenStep Solutions Inc. – consulting with a variety of business clients focused on creating a sustainability strategy to save money and reduce environmental impact.
- Green Tourism Canada – provide assessments for tourism businesses, and provided communications coordination (blog content, articles, social media, web updates) and customer service.
- City of Kelowna SmartTRIPS – event coordination and outreach for Bike to Work Week, Car Free Day, Clean Air Day, iWalk to School Week and smartTRIPS neighbourhood Trip Planning.
- City of Kelowna’s Water Smart Program – water conservation ambassador and irrigation auditor.
- Columbia Shuswap Regional District – provided on site visits to rural residents to conduct a survey for the Septic Smart Program (with a 50% participation rate).
- Regional District of Central Okanagan, Waste Reduction Office – conducted waste audits, event education, outreach, workshops, and volunteer coordination of the Automated Waste Collection Cart Roll Out.
- Jaques LeCavalier and Associates – assisted with developing an online organic farming course for OFABC.
- Organic Farming Institute of British Columbia, writing content for online courses.
We want to hear from you!
Phone 250-826-6397, or email us at darrell [at] globalaffinity.ca